Photodynamic Blue Light Therapy
Pre-cancerous Cells and Acne Bacteria
This therapy uses a photosensitizing agent that
is activated by intense pulse light and blue
light therapy resulting in significant
improvement in pre-cancerous conditions,
sun-damaged skin and cystic acne. It also
improves wrinkles, pore size, skin texture,
pigmentation, Rosacea and Sebaceous Hyperplasia.
This is one of the industry's most recent
procedures for facial rejuvenation, facial
peeling and the treatment of acute acne. It is
also used to treat Actinic Keratoses
(pre-cancerous scaly lesions), Sebaceous
Hyperplasia (overgrowth of fine bumps most
commonly on the forehead) and various other skin
Photodynamic Therapy with Levulan for
• Removing precancerous skin lesions
• Preventing skin cancer
• Improving wrinkles
• Improving pores
• Improving skin texture
• Improving pigmentation
• Treating moderate to severe cystic acne
• Treating Sebaceous Hyperplasia
• A skin care specialist or the doctor will
apply the medicine.
• After one hour you will have a PhotoFacial™
treatment with IPL (intense pulse light).
• You may be given an anesthetic topical cream
applied prior to the light exposure.
• You will be given special goggles to wear to
protect your eyes during the IPL treatment.
• During the treatment you may feel stinging,
tingling, prickling, or burning of the lesions,
but this should go away after the treatment.
• You should stay out of the sun and bright
light as much as possible for the next 48 hours.
• The skin will turn red and swollen in the
following three to seven days.
• Some crusting and peeling may be noted.
• There should be some discomfort, but no
• After one week, there might be some residual
redness that will subside after a few days and
can be covered with makeup.
Blu-U® Light Therapy
The Blue-U® is a very special blue light that
can kill the p. acnes bactemit in your skin.
Treatments are simple—you sit with your face
close to the light for a short time, usually a
15 minute session, about twice per week.
Treatments generally continue for five weeks.
The process is very safe; it is not hot or
painful at all.
Light Treatment is not a laser. It emits safe,
cool visible blue light to provide the desired
Click Here to visit the Blue Light Therapy